Home > Education Programs > Tobacco Control
Tobacco Control of Elkhart County
To create, within our community, the belief that tobacco use is physically and financially harmful, and therefore, socially unacceptable.
To prevent and reduce the use of all tobacco products in Elkhart County, and protect our residents from exposure to secondhand or environmental tobacco smoke.
Tobacco Control of Elkhart County Coalition
Meets the second Monday of every even month from 2-3pm at the Elkhart County Health Department in a Lincoln Center Conference Room.
- Decrease Indiana youth smoking rates
- Increase proportion of Hoosiers not exposed to secondhand smoke
- Decrease Indiana adult smoking rates
- Maintain state and local infrastructure necessary to lower tobacco use rates
- Assist hospitals, health care facilities, worksites, schools and other agencies implement comprehensive tobacco-free campus policies
- Support and promote local and statewide smoke free air ordinances
- Presentations on tobacco use and secondhand smoke
- Attend community health fairs
- Assist public housing authority and private multi-unit housing management implement smoke-free policies
- Cessation referrals to the 1-800-QUIT-NOW Indiana Tobacco Quitline
- Enroll employers, providers and organizations in the Quit Now Indiana Preferred Network
For more information please contact Elkhart County’s Community-Based and Minority-Based Partners.
Welcome to the Indiana Tobacco Quitline Video: